Thursday, March 19, 2009

I'm amazed at my (lack of) endurance

it is 1:36 right now and the last thing I'm thinking about is my final and the paper thats due with it at 10:30 am tomorrow (or this) morning. Whatever happened to my sense of urgency? I'm seriously getting old, I'm even feeling kind of sleepy even though I slept 13 hours last night and I just had a low-carb monster. hmmm... what was that crick in my neck? Oh, just my osteoperosis...

It seems that procrastination fuels a lot of things; first of all, when you go to work or school or something you dread the first thing you think of is, "why should I even bother? I have much more productive things to do than to do (insert less productive activity)." However, when we end up doing that dreaded thing it isn't so bad. Same with homework, sometimes my managers, teachers, or MCIA would let us out early to accomplish these things (LIKE HOMEWORK) and we spring for joy, knowing that we are being rewarded with extra time to be PRODUCTIVE. So we skip home, open our notebooks, take out our notes, turn on our computer and... log onto facebook.

Fuck my life.

I can seriously say that when I'm older and have grandchildren I can honestly tell them that Facebook ruined my grades. Well, not ruined, but deteriorated it a good amount. And with this new twitter/facebook thing, its just downright juicy/scary. i don't know which, but facebook has gotten so versatile that you can basically entertain yourself for hours at an end sitting in front of a stupid monitor. Cece and I were out by the pool today and we were talking about how nice it feels to lie in the sun. We were joking about how pale we were from being inside all the time, sitting in front of computers and becoming soulless shells due to this new technological era we're in. How sad is that? After sitting in the sun it made me realize how drained I felt by being cooped up all the time, doing something I don't necessarily enjoy. Cece then talked about deleting our websites, the ones that displayed our work and our narcissism... but I wasn't really ready to go that far yet.

I have officially wasted a good 15 minutes on this blog. But if i think positively... in about 10 hours it will be all over.

SPLING BLAKE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment