Saturday, March 14, 2009

I'm a magician.


...in filmmaking.

O'Connell once said that a flame that burns too strong will burn out quickly. I need to learn how to dim down that flame and keep it burning for a long time. How can I stop, though? The magic of filmmaking is seeing you have in your head COME TO LIFE. The characters you penn, the vision you have, all comes into reality before your eyes. It is like magic. It's like real life magic. Maybe thats why I love it so much... because no matter how much reality can restrain me into its confines of achieving my dreams, I can always achieve what I fantasize through what I create. I can be my own magician and create my own illusions for my audience's perception.

I need to stray away from it for a while and actually pay attention to finals. Cece said that school should always be secondary and that my passion should be my prime focus. I couldn't agree more; however I feel that this quarter was extremely bad for me. I really am doing the minimal amount to actually get through... and yet, my grades aren't what I expect at all. Which in turn, makes me feel WORSE if possible, because it jsut doesn't seem fair. lol, and here i am complaining about not getting BAD grades.

Since MCIA isn't going to Taiwan anymore this summer, I have laid out a plan for my spring break: I am going to choreograph to "Unusual You" by Britney Spears... not for anything in particular. Maybe a video. The song is very unusual in itself. Maybe this time I will dance in front of the camera. Maybe.
I'm also going to finish editing TPCD. It's going to be EPIC. :)
Annndddd HOW SWEET. Maybe. It's 80% sure. hahaha

2 comments: